Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No Heat Challenge 3rd Month Update

Hey guys! I have survived another month without any heat on my hair! Yay!! The only thing that I changed this month was I only washed my hair with shampoo one time instead of my usual once every two weeks. That was a huge fail. My hair had so much build up and was so itchy it was unbearable! I decided that I'm going to go back to shampooing once every other week for next month and maybe once a week once summer hits since I get more dirty with being outside. I decided to up my intake of Biotin from 1,000 mcg to 2,000 mcg. It was going good for the first few weeks and then I started to feel really sick when I took them. I don't know if I didn't have enough food in my stomach when I was taking them or what so for the next month I am going to stop taking them and see how it goes. Other then the Shampooing and upping my intake of Biotin I really didn't switch anything up this month. If you didn't catch last months update go check it out HERE. If you want to start from the beginning then start with month one HERE

What I did differently this month:
1. Only shampooed my hair once during the month.
2. Upped my intake of Biotin from 1,000 mcg to 2,000 mcg.


February 29th: 









MixedMama<3 

4 comments:

  1. You have such gorgeous hair! Unfortunately, co-washing didn't work out so well on my flat limp hair :( I couldn't follow through that long b/c of the same reason.

    I'm having a nail polish giveaway, check out my site <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I could definitely see where co-washing would produce build up and make limp hair even more limp :( I have such thick out of control hair that it loves it HAHAHA!

      Delete
  2. Ur hair is soooo healthly looking and pretty. Im in my first month of using no heat because Ive started to get some heat damage. So youve been a GREAT inspriration for me..... ThAnKs!!!! Btw you are gorgeous lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooooo much! Make sure you take pictures! It's crazy how fast it flies by! Good luck! Oh and you should send me a before and after pic of your journey! I'd love to see your progress!

      Delete