Friday, June 1, 2012

No Heat Challenge 6th Month Update

Guess what...... I'M HALF WAY THERE!!! YAAAAHHHHHOOOO!!!!! I am so excited to be half way done with this challenge because I have never stuck with any of the ones I have ever made! With that being said the only thing that has changed is I am now sealing my ends in with coconut oil instead of olive oil but other then that nothing has changed this month. If you didn't catch last months update check it out here at No Heat Challenge 5th Month Update and if you would like to follow my journey form the start then No Heat Challenge 1st Month Update

What I did differently this month:
1. Started sealing my ends with coconut oil.

May 31st:
(Left Side)

(Right Side) 

(Back) 

I am loving the new conditioner I got last month! I highly recommend trying out the Aussie Moist Conditioner if you have curly hair. My hair feels so replenished and I have been using it as my deep conditioner and I leave it in over night! Also, I decided that I'm not going to flat iron my hair for the half way mark length check  anymore. I am going to go the full year heat free!!! However I am still getting my texlax done this weekend. I am super excited because I have so much new growth that its hard for me to brush my hair out HAHA. 

11 comments:

  1. Your natural curls are so, so beautiful--and it looks like you've had some great growth since you started too!

    I would very much like to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to you and your creative and original blog! If you'd like to see my specific post, you can find it here http://didmynails.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Cheers & thanks for a fun site to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty and healthy!...I've been braiding my hair at night and I love the way it looks when I let it out in the Morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Do you do one big braid or multiple braids? When I was younger my mother would braid my hair every Sunday and it would take almost 2 hours hahaha-

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks AMAZING!!! And its soooooooooo much longer!!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! I'm so excited that it's growing!!!

      Delete
  4. You hair is gorgeous. My hair is like yours and I'm clueless when it comes to hair. I just always have it up in a pony tail :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! For years I wore my hair up in a bun or in braids. I had no idea what to do with it either! Finally I just started going on to YouTube and watching other girls doing their hair and trying different products out. I stumbled across this website called www.hairlista.com and it has helped me soooooooo much!

      Delete
    2. This response is waaaayyy late but thank you! I'm going to check out some youtube videos and that site. :D

      Delete
  5. Love ur hair! Do have a youtube channel because Id really like to check it out. Tnanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a YouTube channel but so far it only has two nail tutorials. lol I am crazy shy and have panic attacks before filming HAHAHA but I really want to start doing hair tutorials and stuff! Here is a link to it http://www.youtube.com/user/MixedMama1031

      Delete