Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No Heat Challenge 4th Month Update

Hey Lovelies! Ahhhh another month is under my belt and it feels good! I stopped taking Biotin this month because it was making me so sick that I would have to just go and take a nap and wait for it to leave my system (which was horrible since I have a little girl who wants to play all day and needs my attention). I went to deep conditioning my hair every other week instead of every week and that was a bad idea! My hair was so thirsty that when I finally deep conditioned it I had a huge amount of shrinkage! So needless to say I will be going back to deep conditioning my hair every Saturday night and leave it in over night. I see a huge difference in the length of my hair when it's soaking wet. I can tell it's growing a lot! Other then stopping the Biotin and deep conditioning every other week nothing else has changed. If you didn't catch last months update go check it out HERE. If you want to start from the beginning of my challenge click HERE.

What I did differently this month:
1. Stopped taking Biotin.
2. Deep conditioned my hair every other week.

  
March 31st:





MixedMama<3 

4 comments:

  1. omg, your curls are so beautiful! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm loving how this challenge is helping my curls!

      Delete
  2. Have you heard of or thought of trying Wen? I started using it last summer and my hair has never looked better. My hair is not as curly and a bit thinner, but it had always been dry and frizzy. Wen is a bit pricey, but I love it. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I sat up many of nights watching that darn commercial, it would suck me in every time! I started to do some research on the product and it's dupes for a few weeks. I found a dupe at Sally's Beauty Supply called Hair One that has all the same ingredients that Wen has but for a fraction of the price! So I bought the Hair One for curly hair with Argan Oil in it for $11.99. I only used half of the bottle and then stopped for some crazy reason but it did work super good! I think I might try it again now :) Thanks!

      Delete